I don't expect many empties for the rest of November as I will be traveling much of the month- so I thought I will post this now and get rid of these items.
I see other people burning 5-15 candles a month, but my normal amount is about 1 large and 1-2 small/medium candles a month. This month is a normal month, plus I have a few I didn't finish:
- Village Candle "Crisp Apple" 26 fl oz 2 wick jar. Made in Maine, this smells like a sharp sweet apple very similar to Bath and Body Works (BBW) Farmstand Apple. It's one of my favorite scent. The throw was about 7, scent appeal is 10 for me, and it lasted very long time. Burn time is up to 170 hours, and they are not kidding. It burned very cleanly without soot. It had occasional tiny wicks, but eventually it worked it out (I cottonballed a few times). Really enjoyed this candle. I bought this in November 2015, put it away during the off season and now finished up.
- Bath and Body Works 1 wick medium jar candles @ $12.50, I bought three last year and now getting around to burn them. "Sweater Weather" is many people's favorite but to me it reminds me of mothballs. I am not crazy about it so I got the medium candle - and somehow it grew on me. It's not my favorite but I don't hate it either. It's a strong candle.
- The other two I am giving up and getting rid of - Mahogany & Birch smells weak and less moldy version of Sweather Weather, but it didn't throw. Apple Picking smelled weirdly perfume-y with slight apple scent. I like most apple scents, but this is an exception. Throw was about 6, you can smell the scent. I really liked the packaging though, and wax color of Mahogany and Birch was deep wine color. so pretty.
- Two wax melts - Carolina Candles "Fresh Based Apples" 2.5 ozI got it a local grocery store (made by MVP Group) for $4. There is nothing baked about it, it's straight up "fresh apples" similar to Village Candle's Crisp Apple. I liked it, scent appeal is 10 for me, throw is about 6.
- Pretty and Perky's Absinthe is 1.6 oz sampler from Etsy store. This one smells like powdery perfume, and not my thing. I melted about 1/3 and getting rid of the rest. Life is too short to burn candles I don't like.....
Not a big fan of random food items, but I collected a few I wanted to mention quickly:
- Fitmiss Delight Vanilla Chai women's complete protein shake with 16 g of protein per serving. I am not a big fan of protein shake because most of them taste awful - too sweet, too artificial, etc. This one tasted really good. I mixed it with milk and it was great! I found a full size at Rite Aid, and will purchase the full size. Yay!
- PowerBar Protein Plus Bar in Vanilla with 20g protein, $1.99 at Rite Aid. This was also delicious!
- Finaflex Stimul8 Apple Blast high performance pre-workout mix. This tasted awful like most supplements, way too strong flavor of chemicals - on top of that, it did nothing to my workout. Got it at one of expos or Bulubox.
- Clearly Kombucha Ginger Mint Lemonade - I like kombucha and make my own. If you are not a big fan of it because it's too tangy, this one does not taste like kombucha at all. It tastes like sparkling soda with ginger and mint and sugar! I liked this a lot.
- Emergen-C Super Orange - Take this daily, my staple.
- Celestial Seasoning Caffeine Free Pomegranate Rooibos tea - tangy tea, it's okay but I like lemon ginger better. Replaced with: Stash Lemon Ginger tea.
- I am an artist so I have at least one pen empty a month. This month, I am showing Pilot Frixion ball - as shown in the photo, I received 8 pack as gift (available at Amazon.com) and this month finished the pink one. I am getting rid of the case now, but I still have about 3-4 left at work. I use it at work as well as crossword puzzles.
- CHI Conditioner and Dove daily moisture shampoo are both not empty. I have used them only a few times, both are not horrible but not my favorite either. I wash my hair all the time because of my training, and I need something I love to nourish my hair . Donating to local shelter.
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Conditioner. LOVE this. Forever taking from hotels where I stay.
- Paul Mitchell Teal Tree special shampoo. Didn't care for tea tree shampoo in general, special or not.
- Oasis moisturizing mouthwash for a dry mouth. Got this sample from my dentist, I don't have dry mouth issue and am used to Listerine, but if you don't like harshness of Listerine, this is much milder.
- Marvis Aquatic Mint toothpaste - travel size - I took this for traveling, this one also is milder than most toothpastes out there. I am fine with Crest though.
- Crest Glide dental floss - Not that floss comes in a big package, but I like a little travel size. Downside - you never know when you run out because you can't see how much you have left. Only 4m total. Also awesome in your purse in case you get stuck something between your teeth unexpectedly.
- BBW Black Raspberry Vanilla Triple Moisture Body Cream 8 oz $12.50 (now $13) I bought this about a year and half ago. It still smells very nice, sweet vanilla with fruity scent, but texture is turning to be like cottage cheese (not smooth cream). Glad I am finishing this. I still have a lot more BBW creams to work on, so I am on "low-buy" right now to restrain myself from stock piling until I reduce my collection.
- BBW pocket-bac "Sweet Tangelines" $1.75 sweet orange scent, I really enjoyed this. Would repurchase again.
I don't wear too much make up so mainly skin care! I have a lot this month:
- Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash, 5 fl oz, about $6 at drugstores. I really liked this, it's PH balanced and gentle - except the container was a nightmare. It somehow got hard to close all the way, so the facewash pools on the lid, and next time it opens soaps get everywhere - I had to struggle to close the lid. Because of poor package, I will not purchase this until I see improvement in packaging. This lasted me at least three months.
- h20+ marine Cleansing Gel 30ml travel size. This was in my travel pack. I love gel - texture, scent, and this is no exception. Mild wash with specks of blue inside, it was gentle and smelled nice. I would purchase a larger one once I ran out of face soaps.
- Befine Cucumber Facial Mask, 1 oz (28 g) I got this from ipsy, it smelled like grated cucumber, it was refreshing going on my skin, then hardens (but not too hard like some others). Really like it, but I think I prefer other mud masks.
- SW Basics of Brooklyn Exfoliant sample size - I got this from Target box this year. I love the ingredients with all nutural products, to the point where I started to think "wait, I probably could mix it myself." It was a nice product, but I wouldn't buy this.
- Instanatural Age-Defying Skin Clearing Toner 120 ml (4 fl oz) available at Amazon. I love Instanatural's products for its ingredients. This one is pretty intense though and if your skin is sensitive or have any cuts, it will sting like..... (insert bad word here). I wouldn't buy this again personally. Instanatural makes my favorite eye gel that's affordable (here is me with gels again), so I would recommend that instead.
- Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Calming Mist 15 ml (0.5 floz) on the opposite side of spectrum, here is a very gentle mist I enjoyed quite a bit. If you have sensitive skin, this one may work for you.
- philosophy Miracle Worker miraculous anti-aging retinoid eye repair 2ml travel size. This eye treatment felt like silicone, like some primers. If you like Benefit's Porefessionals, you probably would like this one. Only thing was that I didn't know how much left in the container - thrilling experience when I am traveling.
- Avene Skin Recovery Cream for hypersensitive and irritable skin 5 ml sample size. - I got this from a local natural pharmacy, and it was pretty good, and it didn't irritate my skin. I am a fan of Avene (always with their sprays) so excited to try this. I would recommend to anyone with sensitive skin.
- Juara Candlenut Body Creme - I think I got this from Birchbox. I don't like nutty scent, so I didn't like this and didn't finish this. The function of the cream was fine - moisturiging without being sticky.
- Olay facial oil - I had low hope for this because I am not a big fan of oil, but this one was quite nice. Not too greasy and no scent. I liked it.
- it Cosmetics your skin but better cc + SPF 50+ in Medium - 4 ml travel size which I take everywhere I go. I really like this product, it spreads evenly to "no-make up" finish. For someone who doesn't wear too much make up, this was perfect.
Until then, wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season.