This month, I have more candles than usual, but less beauty empties than usual. I think I burn more candles in the winter.. and I also bought a lot of candles this year and am trying to put a dent on my collection.
The same friend who gave me the Black Tie gave me this candle as a true gift :) This is a lovely gift - and I love this candle is soy made in Bend, Oregon.
Candle smells lovely on a cold sniff, refreshing citrus scent. Like other mini candles (but not Black Tie) there is very little scent while burning. It burned about 10-15 hours, and it burned very clean, with no wax residue left (to the point I didn't have to clean the wax when I was finished). I don't necessarily like the tin container - it's good for traveling but I prefer glass container to be able to see a flame from outside. In all not the strongest of scent throw but loved the clean and stable burn. Overall I didn't mind this candle, and I might purchase from Dani Naturals in future, but in a larger, glass container to enjoy it better.
Everyday Escapes "Hazelnut Latte" 9 oz, about $6 at Fred Meyer's (Kroger chain).
This one had a very strong throw, about 9 out of 10. It smells like sweetened, milked coffee (latte) with slightly nutty scent (hazelnut) - so the scent is strong and spot on. Issue was weak wicks - it had tiny wick syndrome all the way, and I had to dredge about half of wax to keep this going. It burned clean. This candle is a mixed bag - if you are into sweet coffee scent, the scent is fantastic, but it's very high maintenance. If you don't mind cottonballing your candles often, this might be great for you - or use in a wax melt.
Elizabeth Arden Hydra-Gentle Cream Cleanser Dry/Sensitive Skin. This is PH balanced, gentle cream (do not foam) that won't dry out your skin. I used this one up, and previously used one for a normal skin too - both very good. I personally am a bit tired of these after emptying two tubes (that's like 6 months for me), so I would like to take a break from this face wash for awhile personally - but they are good.
Rivertide Suites website: http://www.rivertidesuites.com/
Buoy Beer website: http://www.buoybeer.com/
- Neogen Dermalogy Prism Shimmer Base. $20 to be used after cleaning face and before make up. The package is interesting - you twist the bottom of the container and pushes up the product, which is shimmery lotion type item. It's not too shimmery, and I would apply primer on top (!? maybe I am doing this wrong?) for matte finish... so maybe this wasn't for me, or I just wasn't getting it. I didn't see a point in this product.
- ELF Matte Lip Color in Rich Red. I decided I have better buttery red.
- Dearberry Rockcat Girl pencil liner waterproof type #2 purple. This IS waterproof, soft, and lovely, but shimmery..... and I am not using shimmery eyeliners for now.
- Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Shimmering Black. See above. This one is not all that waterproof either.
- Ulta Eye Crayon in Devil's Food. I don't have a pencil sharpener that fits this, and I am tired of trying to sharpen this with a knife.
- NARS lip gloss. Too sticky, and applies too unevenly.
- Clinique and Estee Lauder eye shadow compacts (GWP) - hardly used these, and would like others to adapt them while it's relatively new.
- Bellapierre Cosmetics lipstick in PINK. Got it from Birchbox or Ipsy. Cute but not my color.
- Christian Dior shade 883 and Elizabeth Arden lipstick in Midnight Ruby. I adore these, especially Midnight Ruby is my best red and almost used up. They are way too old though, so I am saying goodbye to these.
- The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation Shade 105 Rose Ivory. $20 This wears way too heavy on my face, I didn't like this. I hate to throw away an item that's hardly used, but I don't want to feel uncomfortable all day either.
- Leader's Insolution mask - thick gel mask, I tried another one from this line and it was too sticky for me - wasn't my thing but these are very popular.
- Pure Smile face mask - these are more affordable paper masks, and good for quick freshen up after a long day. I know my nieces would love these.
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara - One of my favorite mascara, and I have a few backups. Getting rid of extra.
- Clinique and Ulta mascaras - never used these, decided the package is way too bulky for me.