- 3 freshly ground spices & blends with a new regional theme
- Kitchen-tested recipes for cooking 3 global dishes serving 4-6
- Spice stories & culinary history of each new region
Pumpkin Pie I made using "Pumpkin Pie Spice" :) - make two pies - This one is not too sweet, as I reduced sugar to match my taste.
2 frozen pie crusts
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon RawSpiceBar "Pumpkin Pie Spice"
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (because I like it more)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cloves
15 oz can pumpkin
15 oz can evaporated milk
vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if you want that on top (optional)
- Mix sugar and all spices
- Beat eggs and add to sugar mix
- Add pumpkin, mix
- Add evaporated milk, mix some more
- Fill pie crusts, bake at 425F for 15 minutes
- Reduce the oven temparature to 350F and bake another 40-50 minutes, until the center is set.
Both spices were on a spicy side, especially Mitmita. The end product is stewed beef, which I have used to top my "surf and turf udon noodles" for my lunch below (meat in the lower right corner) along with leftover lobster tail from Thanksgiving! Yum yum!! Traditionally you would eat with couscous I would think, but this was also delicious.