Well.. I happened to have a candle which sooted very badly. This happened yesterday and I can't stand keeping this in my closet for another 2 weeks. I really want to wash this out or get it out of my closet. So this month, I only have a little bit as of 12th. I might do another one at the end of the month if there are a lot, or just combine the rest of the month with August.
In a large jar, I have burned Bath and Body Works' Vanilla Bean Marshmallow. I am on my marshmallow and vanilla kick lately, and this one hit the spot. 14.5 oz candle, retail price $22.50, I bought it on a sale with a coupon for $7.50. It burned cleanly, scent throw was about 5-6 (it's not too strong but I like that personally). I would repurchase this.
In a medium jar, I have burned Stella Mare's Meyer Lemon. It's 8 oz tumbler and it came with a lid which is now lost. I can't remember how much I paid for it.. about $7 on sale. I was very excited about this, because this is a soy candle made locally in Portland, Oregon. I am a proud Oregonian and Portlander, and would like to support local business. Stella Mare is owned by Pacifica, which is also made in Portland. However, unfortunately, this burned really badly... just look at this soot! I burned 2/3 of the candle, when I noticed it was sooting and black smoke coming out. I have watched the candle very closely until the last 2 hours or so when I was drawing in my sketchbook and wasn't paying attention. The scent throw was about 1-2, and it smelled like a kitchen cleaner. An awful experience, and I will stay away from Stella Mare candles for awhile...... sob.
- esencia volumizing shampoo in mandarin citrus. This shampoo is clarifying to me, not so much volumizing. I was hoping this smells like citrus, but it doesn't (smelled bad actually). Will not repurchase.
- Mayn Bio Mineraltox mist - I got this in a Memebox last year, and I really enjoyed this mist. It smells like Asian cosmetics (light floral), refreshing. These mineral beads are gimmicky though, and I don't think it adds much to anything. Loved the mist, but not readily available... but I do have another one already!
- Lipton herbal ta in pineapple chamomile. More chamomile than pineapple, it comes in nylon bags which is fancy but it bothers me because I can't compost them. Meh item, won't repurchase.
- Crabtree and Evelyn mint mouthwash - I got this from a hotel, and it is a gentle mouthwash if you compare this with Scope or Listerine. I am happy with my drugstore mouthwash..
- Sunkissed Bronze Pearls. I LOVE pastel pearls and use it daily. I thought this would be a great bronzer for the summer, but issue is that this is way too dark for my skin. I look crazy with this, so I am getting this out of my collection.