Anyhow, here is my short list.... I will update if I come across more good books!
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates - Have you ever heard someone who talk so sincerely that you can't help but listen? This book is like that. A short book that moved me.
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - 2015's Gone Girl.
- The Oregon Trail: A new American Journey by Rinker Buck - I love road trips.
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee - probably the most controversial book of 2015. If it was published without her true intention, I don't want to support this publication - But I must say that it still has warmth of the south, beautiful concise sentences I love.
- The First Bad Man by Miranda July - This is how I imagine a lonely woman in southern California with a lot of Portland. So strange, lonesome, and funny. I can imagine this being a movie, I guess we can't separate the two.
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert - while I enjoyed this book regarding creativity, I still think her best book is the Signature of All Things. I couldn't put down that book.
- Purity by Jonathan Franzen - Too long. I know there may be a reward if I stick with it like Freedom, but I wasn't able to.
- The Wright Brothers by David McCollough - Too long. Their story is fascinating but there are too many details for me to enjoy.
- Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari - short, but not my cup of tea.
This post is unsponsored and my thoughts are my own.